Greenville Township, WI 54942
Superior Resource Group, LLC is looking for a mechanical design engineer for one of our OEM clients. The position is DIRECT .
Mechanical design and detailing of custom web handling machinery based on machine specifications from customers, while working within a project team consisting of a project manager, electrical and mechanical engineers.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work as a team player reviewing customer quotations with Sales, Project Managers, Controls Engineers, Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Create Approval drawings.
- Professional interaction with customers.
- Gather vendor quotations and create bill of material for purchasing department.
- Epicor ERP system knowledge is a plus.
- Complete design review meetings and accept constructive design options from co-workers and team members.
- Design Machinery, complete detail drawings in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Take ownership of your project.
- Gather vendor quotations for long lead items.
- Follow-up on purchase parts and manufactured parts to expedite completing the project.
- Create documents (drawings and bills of material) for production (projects) that fulfill the requirements of customer orders. Follow defined manufacturing and operation standards. Or help to create standards where none exist.
- Maintain drawing files or reference information on network.
- Provide assistance to and cooperation with other departments.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Support continuous improvement process by evaluating and implementing suggestions.
- Assure sufficient and accurate communication with project team.
Skills & Abilities
- Must have a positive, can-do, attitude.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD required.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks Workgroup PDM or SolidWorks Enterprise PDM preferred.|
- Working knowledge of standard Windows based software (Word & Excel).
- Engineering concepts related to stress and deflection, metals and metallurgy, platings & coatings, rubber covers, balancing, power transmissions, heat-transfer, fluid dynamics, and web handling.
- Knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes related to design practices.
- Knowledge of machine safety standards, and their application.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate cost /benefit relationships as they relate to design.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Willingness to provide enthusiasm and creative solutions to meeting our customer needs and achieving the company s goals.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 4+ years related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is desired. Associates Degree is required. Experience in design and manufacturing processes (e.G., fabrication and machining) required. Experience with web handling preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of:
- SolidWorks Design and Detail Drawings.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 920-432-5400
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]
Superior Resource Group, has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates, for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .