Marion, WI 54950
The main duty of the Mechanical Designer is to create models/drawings based on the specifications provided dealers and the sales department. The Mechanical Designer receives sketches or instructions from these professionals and translates it onto the CAD software.
- Lay-out all mechanical manufactured material for all options, including assembly drawings
- Create bills of materials for options, both purchased and manufactured parts
- Assist in setting quality levels
- Create and update sales/build/bid drawings
- Assist Order Processing with part specifications
- Assist sales with quotes, related to estimated material and build time
- Develop body assemblies, using cad software if applicable
- Support manufacturing
- Develop new designs using your own ideas as well as those from others
- Follow the schedule and communicate behind schedule occurrences as early as possible
- Assist in product improvement initiatives
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Fill out corrective action documents
- Attend Order Review meetings
- Maintain regular attendance
- Adhere to quality policy
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist in routing creation and maintenance
- Assist in shop order creation
- Institute a culture of continuous improvement for quality and efficiency
- Foster and promote an environment of collaboration
- Maintain motivation and enthusiasm through development to drive a high-performance culture
- Working knowledge of product flow and manufacturing processes
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer Aid Design Software
- Good computer drawing skills and have attention for detail.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints while generally made on the computer, they must even have an aptitude for manual, hand drawings.
- CAD Operator needs to have good conceptualization skills.
- Skilled in geometry and algebra this is essential to the whole designing process, since they will need to calculate proportions, circumference, area and other values.
- Advanced Mathematical Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Quality Control Analysis
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of mission, value, and ethics statement.
- Technical Degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years or more years of experience in CAD
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft office products
- PC proficiency
Superior Resource Group appreciates hard work so in return we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Referral bonus
- Long term opportunities
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: emily.Rankin@superior-rg.Com
Superior Resource Group has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Superior Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D.