Mechanical Design Engineer
Hobart, WI 54155
Superior Resource Group, LLC is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a direct position with our client customer. This position is responsible to analyze and design products and solutions for mechanical devices, using statics, strengths of materials, machine component design, and computer-aided systems. Responsible for design, ownership, and growth of a product line. Accountable to internal customers (Operations/Machine Shop/Customer Service/Service Department/Sales) as well as the end customer (machine user).
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- OEM manufacturing experience preferred (machine component design)
- Paper or label converting experience - web handling experience (unwind, rewind, tension control) preferred.3D CAD fluency required (Autodesk Inventor/Vault and/or SolidWorks/PDM)
- In-field start-up experience preferred.
- Applicable experience with printing equipment, digital web handling, processing equipment, packaging machinery, or machine tools, or demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge.
- Demonstrated project completion experience and ownership.
- DFSS knowledge and experience preferred.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years experience preferred.
- Create innovative conceptual designs.
- Hands-on design and detail of machine parts and assemblies.
- Create and execute validation plans to ensure designs robust and meet specifications.
- Collaborate with electrical engineering on design requirements.
- Analyze designs using FEA tools.
- Define, measure, analyze, improve, and control designs (DMAIC).
- Provide technical support for sales, service, manufacturing, and R&D.
- Collaborate with all departments to produce final products.
- Maintain design schedules.
- Recommend methods, materials, and layouts for on-going process improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of technology upgrades, industry trends and engineering resources to meet or exceed product development and/or customer requirements.
- Oversee customer products are fully and accurately defined and documented per our customer standards.
- Document new design setups for communication to Customer Service and the customer.
- Document design guides for distribution within Engineering.
- Participate in engineering standard development.
- Process Engineering Change Orders (ECO s).
- Participate in cost reductions projects.
- Assist in solving customer issues related to design or product performance.
- Collaborate with Manager to develop and improve products and Engineering processes.
- Proactive in proposing alternate solutions for process improvement.
- Support the mission, vision and goals for the Engineering Department.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 920-432-5400
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: resume@superior-rg.Com
Superior Resource Group, has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates, for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .