Fabrication Machine Operator
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Responsible for setting up and operating metal fabricating machines, such as burning machines, saws and presses, to cut, bend, straighten and form metal plates, sheets and structural shapers according to blueprints and specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operation.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition work piece, change dies or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes.
- Ability to follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Communicate within team members and other departments to ensure continuous production at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
- Abide by safety and sanitation regulations.
- Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality Policy.
- Abide by all organizational policies and procedures.
- Action Oriented Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Optimizes Work Processes (Quality & Continuous Improvement) Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Ability to read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Handle Heavy Equipment
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Prior shipyard experience a plus
- Bilingual language skills (oral & written) a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction / repair