ASME Mechanical Designer
Appleton, WI 54915
Superior Resource Group, LLC is looking for an ASME mechanical designer. The Mechanical Designer is responsible for determining suitable applications, quoting as required and designing of pressure vessels. The successful candidate will possess knowledge of pressure vessel design, heat exchangers, pumps, valves and fittings and will have skills in SolidWorks, and be able to meet deadlines and exhibit problem solving capabilities.
- Take calculations from the engineer and translate them to a Solidworks model of the tank.
- create detail drawings and release the tank in the ERP system.
- Develop basic engineering for all mechanical equipment on assigned projects.
- ASME Section VIII design
- Preferred - ASME B31.1 & B31.3 piping, CRN submittal process (for tank certifications).
- Knowledge of seismic and windload design
- Generate detailed design calculations including pressure part thickness, code calculations, fluid flow, relief valve sizing, and weight calculations.
- Generate specifications and purchasing packages for all mechanical equipment including piping, pressure vessels, fans, and waste heat recovery equipment.
- Responsible for completion of project tasks in a quality manner, within budget and on schedule. Responsible for input into project schedules and drawing lists.
- Generate project mechanical documentation including manual valve schedules, line lists, tie-in lists, equipment datasheets, pipe class specifications, equipment specifications, vendor scopes of supply and Bills of Material, installation sequences, and drawing revision records.
- Collaboration with all levels of the Operations Team: Interpretations, clarifications, modifications and answering questions on drawing specs and design.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Engineering pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, valves and fittings
- Strong mechanical engineering capabilities
- Ability to work with customer custom specifications
- DesignCalcs or experience using PV Elite is a plus
- Experience with Compress a plus
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 920-432-5400
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]
Superior Resource Group, has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates, for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .