Quality Control Supervisor
Appleton, WI 54915
Superior Resource Group, LLC is looking for a Quality Inspector for one of our clients. The position is DIRECT .
Role of QC Supervisor:
- Maintain ASME nameplates and stamps.
- Works with Operations to inspect work-in-process.
- ASME Internal inspection on welds per traveler, filling out the ASME Traveler approved by QC Manager.
- ASME material receiving and material inspection per PO and ASME requirements like chemical/mechanical properties also the country of origin shall be checked. All MTR s shall have QC supervisor s signatures.
- Alert QC manager about all shop floor non-conformances.
- All material log report shall be filled (with help of receiving personnel, QC Material Inspectors) and approved by QC supervisor.
- Maintain a Drawing or Checklist for each project for validating inspections as job progresses.
- All out going tanks shall be checked per drawing and or QC checklist. Signature on the QC Approved sticker
- Schedule, support, and document quality inspections including but not limited to certified weld inspection, radiography inspection, die penetrant testing, positive material identification, hydro testing and dimensional inspections.
- Schedule ASME Inspector for day or Full Day visit, optimally, per contract with Inspection Agency.
- Maintain Welders continuity log and certify new welders per ASME.
- Testing the Vessels per ASME requirements. Testing other equipment per applicable codes.
- Oversee and calibration of measurement system.
- Execute the role of ASME Certified Individual (CI) for UM vessels.
- Inspect returned goods and recommend the % of credit to be applied to customer.
- Familiarize QC Manual to Shop Floor. Helping in Shop floor implementation of the QC manual.
- Know the Repair jobs in the field and enforce ASME requirements with QC Manager.
- Help in successful ASME annual and tri-annual audits.
- Performs NDE (PT, VT) and Maintains NDE documents.
must be able to do the following:
- Most Important: Must be a Team player. Ability to adjust to maintain healthy work environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to read mechanical blueprints and drawings
- Must be action oriented
- Must be creative, have a strong attention to detail, must be organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Must be able to work across functional areas to meet the needs of our customers (internal & external) and maintain quality requirements
- Ability to prioritize work to meet schedule requirements of assignments
- Communicate Effectively and Accurately
- Familiarity with ERP systems-Jobb Boss
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Knowledge of Metal Fabrication Cutting, forming and welding of vessels
- Experience with NDT (RT, UT, X-Ray)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience with Calibration and NIST Standards
- Strong working knowledge of industry codes and standards (ASME Section II, VIII, NACE)
- Welder Continuity and Traceability
- ASME Code Stamping (eg. ASME U, S and National Board U, S and R ) desirable
Superior Resource Group s client appreciates hard work and offers a complete and competitive benefit package appropriate for professional people.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 920-432-5400
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]
Superior Resource Group, has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates, for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .