Field Service Technician
Appleton, WI 54913
Superior Resource Group, LLC is looking for a Field Service Technician for one of our clients. The position is DIRECT . This position supports a wide range of products and equipment within the pulp and papermaking industry from the company' s broad scope of technical solutions. Performs on-site service at customer mills to ensure that equipment is running at optimal levels and per customer specifications. Such service work may be as part of installation and start-up of equipment or on an as-needed basis according to customer requests and need for either scheduled, planned or unplanned downs.
- Routinely leads and performs on-site repair or preventive maintenance services at customer sites in accordance with specific contract requirements.
- Function as primary contact between the Service team and customers in conjunction with service visits.
- Ensures the scope and quality of service visits / projects are completed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Generates customer-focused, high quality, timely field reports with clearly defined recommendations for improvement where and as needed.
- Ensures that project profitability is maximized by controlling costs on service jobs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Degree in Engineering, Papermaking Technology, or a related field; or High School degree; three to five years of special training in technical area or papermaking processes preferred; or a suitable combination of education and experience. Knowledge and expertise of papermaking machinery a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- PLC and HMI knowledge preferred
- Electrical / electronics background a plus
- Hydraulic & pneumatic background a plus
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- PC skills required: spreadsheets and word processing.
- High level of initiative, self-motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to travel frequently and possess a valid driver s license.
- Must be physically able to work long hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance, including long periods of standing during recruitment/job fairs. Movement through shops and field environments.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Visual acuity is required to read and produce accurate materials.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax.
Superior Resource Group s client appreciates hard work and offers a complete and competitive benefit package appropriate for professional people.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 920-432-5400
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]
Superior Resource Group, has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates, for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .