Manitowoc, WI 54220
Superior Resource Group, LLC is seeking for our customer an Engineering Manager with experience in the boat building or shipbuilding industry.
The Engineering Manager will lead the Engineering team and coordinate all Engineering activities to assure department success. This involves evaluating all engineering work secured from outside firms and the engineering work of staff engineers to be sure it meets the needs of all customers, especially the production team, within established budget and schedule parameters and with minimal re-work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads, coaches, mentors and motivates the engineering team through all phases of each new build or re-fit project; information development, production and commissioning.
2. Develops and manages the engineering schedules for all projects, insuring critical decision milestones are known and met. This includes managing the development of engineering according to the Yacht Construction Specifications (YCS) as detailed in the Yacht Construction Agreement (YCA).
3. Manages capacity planning/assessment, engineering completion status, drawing release status, Estimates at Completion (EAC s), and project manning.
4. Maintains pro-active cooperation and teamwork with other departments including Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing toward the achievement of company goals.
5. Serves as the key liaison to bridge the critical gap between engineering and production to optimize company performance.
6. Establishes procedures and safeguards, requests and reviews proposals, initiates purchase order development, making ready for purchasing department, assists internally only in contract negotiations, and consistently reviews the status of all subcontracted engineering work and firms, assuring on-time quality deliverables.
7. Leads the Technical Steering Committee to develop standards and procedures, and to address miscellaneous project specific technical issues.
8. Leads investigation and research into new and improved methods and technologies, while also archiving past technical knowledge and lessons learned, while keeping the company knowledge base of information up-to-date and relevant.
- Minimum of a bachelor s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a marine engineering environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with the MS Office platform, CAD/AutoDesk and project management software and be comfortable with ShipConstructor, Inventor and Rhino software.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, budgeting, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Training in Lean Manufacturing, prior experience in the Yacht sector of the marine industry,
- familiarity with Class rules, and project management experience are all preferred.
This is a " direct" position with the client of Superior Resource Group
Super Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .