Kaukauna, WI 54130
The Photonics Engineer will work as a member of a project team supporting technical projects by designing and implementing photonics equipment for laboratory, pilot, and production equipment. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential.
- Designs and implements photonic systems for laboratory, pilot and/or production equipment on multiple projects both independently and as a team member
- Builds, tests and qualifies photonic equipment necessary to developing and producing new product concepts
- May direct activities of one or more technicians or co-op students
- Generates technical reports
- Generates ideas for photonics equipment and systems to enable new products and related production processes
- Delivers written and/oral presentations
- Resolves problems with customized photonics equipment
- Develops an understanding of the marketplace and processes
- Leads laser safety activities as Laser Safety Officer
- Responsible for completing and filling of annual CRDH laser reports
- Designs photonic equipment and/or system that is consistent and supportive of a control architecture established by senior electrical engineer
- Documents photonic designs, algorithms and programs such that the equipment can be readily understood and serviced by other engineers
- Gathers and interprets data
- Uses knowledge and understanding of photonics equipment to suggest solutions to problems encountered in operation, control, and integration of such equipment.
- Exercises judgment on the progress of the work and makes suggestions of technical alternatives as needed
- Leads, plans, conducts, schedules and coordinates small projects
- Integrate photonic activities with Edison Welding Institute
- Bachelors or Master s Engineering degree or suitable technical discipline
- Background in lasers or photonics
- Electrical Engineering degree and Photonics a definite plus
- In depth knowledge of lasers, scanners and related optics
- Ability to independently design, specify, implement and test photonics equipment.
- Competent in laser safety
- Ability to direct internal and external support
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team skills
- Strong problem-solving
- Prefer 2 years or more of previous technical work experience
Superior Resource Group appreciates hard work so in return we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Referral bonus
- Long term opportunities
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE EMAIL A RECRUITER AT: emily.Rankin@superior-rg.Com
Superior Resource Group has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work " through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Superior Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D.